Monday, July 29, 2013

Cupcake... A Sabbatical


Good Morning Cupcake Lovers :)

I find myself writing something of a bittersweet post today. After a lot of consideration, and believe me, this took a long time, I have decided to close Cupcake Craft Challenges. Cupcake has had a fantastic run, clocking up a total of 250 Challenges, 148 of them overseen by me. But, I'm ready for a break, I'd like to be able to spend a little less time on the computer and more time crafting. The good news is that I'm sure my zest for organising things will return in the future, at which point, Cupcake will be popping up on your screens again.

I would like to thank all our Sponsors, past and present, for their generosity and continued support of Cupcake. Many of the people I have dealt with in this capacity, have become friends and it's been such fun 'working' with you. Thank you.

And then there's the Design Team. Where would Cupcake be without the fab girls on the DT? I can't thank you enough for your time, your ideas, and the fantastic, inspirational projects you have created week on week. Aside from all your hard work, each one of you has become a special friend to me and you will always hold a place in my heart. Mwah!

So, for the last time, for now... Thanks so much for taking the time to join our Photo Inspiration Challenge, we loved seeing your gorgeous creations, even the cheeky ones! 

Mr Random has chosen a Winner from our last Challenge and we've chosen our Cuties too...

Di's Digi Downloads Winner
Chosen at Random

Catherine
Catherine's Craft Corner

Congratulations Catherine, you win a $10 Gift Certificate from Di's Digi Downloads. Could you please e-mail Me by Sunday 04 August, so I can arrange for you to receive your prize?

Our Cupcake Cuties are...

Lynne in NI
San
Alina
Mari Harpham
Cathy

 Congratulations! You can pick up the Cupcake Cutie badge below... we hope you will display it on your Blogs with pride!


And that's about it, Folks, enjoy your summer...

21 comments:

marion said...

I feel a bit sad that this challenge blog is taking a sabatical, I loved to enter the challenges, but I know that running a challengeblog is very timeconsuming. I want to thank Faye for running it and the DT for their inspiration, looking forward seeing the Cupcake craft online again, hugs, Marion

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear this but you gotta do what is right for you and your's.
It has been a great challenge and will be missed.
Love to all the fab DT too.

Jane said...

What a shame but I can understands you reasons. Thanks for running such a fun challenge blog and enjoy your break x

Hazel said...

So sad to see the challenge go, but understand why. Hope you will be back one day soon. x

Fiona said...

oh Faye...this is sad but you know you are doing the right thing for you right now. Maybe as you say Cupcake will be back in the future.

mwah!

Fi
x

Colien said...

So sad, but understandable!
grtz.Colien

Cathy said...

Best wishes Faye! You have provided a lot of fun and inspiration!

Catherine said...

I must say I am a bit sad... Cupcake was such a fun challenge blog but I can understand you perfectly well... Best wishes for you and for the team ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Papercrafting Princess said...

Awe...Loved your challenges and I'm so fortunate to have been a Cupcake cutie! I understand your time for a sabbatical. Looking forward to seeing you come back strong! Be blessed

Lynne in NI said...

Thanks for picking my card as a Cupcake Cutie! Hope it's not too long before we see you back, though I'm sure it's a lot of work to keep a challenge blog going. Enjoy your break :)

Suze said...

I've only recently joined in on these challenges and had fun participating. Thank you to Faye and the DT for all the work that you have put into this challenge blog. Hope you have a good break... and hope to see you back and rejuvenated.

Squirrel x said...

Oh Faye, I do understand the really difficult decision you've made but also understand how much hard work it is to run a challenge. Thank you and the DT for such a fun and wonderful challenge, and shall watch this space for the return of the Cupcakes ...... Take care hunny xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh sending big hugs, I dont play every week but do love the challenges. Its one of the first I joined in with on blogland.
Sending Love Hazelxo

Sandra said...

Hi....sorry to read this..but hoping it won't be too long before the challenge returns...
Thanks for picking me as a Cupcake Cutie this week...congrats to the other winners too...

Take care
all
San x

Donna B. said...

So sorry to hear this. I was just getting back in my challenge mode and this has always been one of my favorites. Good luck with your extra crafty time -I'm sure you'll love it!

Melina said...

oh my! *sob, sob* I'm going to miss your challenges! :(

Fabiola said...

so sorry to hear that sad news, thanks for all that sweet and gorgeous challenge, biz

Rachel said...

Wow Faye, I'm really sorry to read this news - but I look forward to seeing Cupcake up and running again in the future (its always been one of my favourite challenge blogs even if I haven't participated as much recently).

Enjoy crafting!
Wedgie xxx

having a {me} day said...

Thank you for having me as a Cupcake Faye! It's been fun getting to know you and the rest of the team and joining in the challenges. Have a lovely rest of the Summer! keeleyxx

Martina said...

Oh....so sad coming back form my hlidays and seeing Cupcake closing...:(....seems all my favourite Challenges are closing now one after another....wish ou all the best for the future1
Martina

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh how super sad! Just as I was about to start looking for challenges again, one of my fave's is closing! You'll be missed! Hugs, Lesley